YouTube Amazing Statistics and Trends
Our chapter on YouTube is by far the longest and emphasizes one of the fastest growing areas for marketing your business on the internet. Activity on YouTube also increases your ranking on the regular Google search results – as long as you know how to optimize your videos properly.
Most important to know is that YouTube is owned by Google!
- It’s the #3 most visited website in the world
- It’s the #2 most popular search engine right behind Google itself. Yes, technically, it’s a search engine for videos.
- If you want to know what future generations will be paying attention too, just know that according to a survey by Variety magazine, among US teenagers aged 13 to 18 – their most influential figures are YouTube channels, not mainstream pop stars! See the Variety YouTube Teenage Pop Star Article here
YouTube’s Official Page for Their Statistics
- Over a billion users.
- One-third of all people on the Internet.
- YouTube reaches more 18-34 and 18-49 year-olds than cable networks in the U.S.
- YouTube watch time is up 60 percent yer over year.
- People viewing YouTube videos per day is up 40% percent since 03.01.14
- Comes in 76 different languages – That’s 95 percent of the Internet population).
- Mobile phone users are up more than 50 percent yer over year.
- Mobile phone hours watched is up 100 percent.
- Mobile phones and tablets make up over half of YouTube use.
I’m really enjoying the theme/design of your weblog.
Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility problems?
A number of my blog audience have complained about my blog not working correctly in Explorer
but looks great in Opera. Do you have any tips to help fix this issue?